Catholic Education Office
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN
(refer to newsletter for details)
18th to 22nd September
RSL Learn to Swim (Kinder & Year 2)
T20 Blast Cricket Day (Yrs 3 & 4)
Clothing Pool open 8.30am-9am
Last day of Term 3
Term 4 commences
Free Fruit & Veg Sense Workshop
Gala Netball Day - St Matthews Mudgee
Grandparents Day Liturgy 10am
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
3rd Tuesday every Month
Welcome to our website.....
Our school is an integral part of St Brigid’s Parish. Catholic values and traditions are taught in a formal religious education program and are a guide for all that we do throughout the school.
Our core task is education. Our staff devotes their classroom time to the tasks of teaching and learning.
While we strive to work in partnership with our families, we recognise that parents are the first and prime educators of their children. It is certainly our privilege to work with you and to share the responsibilities of educating your children and helping them to prepare for the future.
We hope that you will experience a sense of warmth and welcome, and that there will be a rich sharing of ideas, talents and enthusiasm as together we go about the work of helping our children to learn and grow.
Click here for a message from our Principal......
Welcome to Week 10 and the final week of Term 3. Term 3 has been a great term, full of learning, laughter and growing in Faith. There have been so many highlights from the successful Year 6 Canberra excursion, NAIDOC Day celebrations, the Celebration of First Holy Communion and the wonderful results of our students in Athletics. Well done to our entire school community.
Some items for the calendar for the beginning of Term 4:
- Reconciliation Parish lessons commence in Week 1 of Term 4 for many of our students in Year 2. This is in combination with the Reconciliation Unit that is taught in the classrooms.
- "Celebrating Grandparents" Liturgy will be held on Thursday 26th October at 10am in our school hall. Our terrific Kinders will be leading this liturgy and the P&F will be hosting a Morning Tea for grandparents following the liturgy.
- An All Souls Day liturgy will be held on Monday 30th October in our school hall. Year 3 will be our facilitators for this prayer service.
- A Year 5 Leadership Day for all Year 5 students will be held on Thursday 9th Novem-ber at St Brigid's Hall. This will be led by students and staff from St John's College.
- Paper Plane Flying Competition– this will be held early in Term 4 so start practising your plane making skills over the holidays!
- Socktober!- a day where we wear crazy socks to raise money for Mission Month.
- A Disco Evening to raise money for Mission Month.
On Friday 8th of September some of our students represented the Bathurst Diocese at the Polding Athletics Carnival at the Hunter Sports Stadium in Newcastle. We are extremely proud of the wonderful efforts and results of our students. To compete at this level is a great achievement.
The students who placed in the top 3 positions in all Final events will now go to Sydney to compete at the NSW PSSA Athletics Carnival during October. We wish Ella, Amara and Grace all the best in their preparations for the NSW PSSA Athletics Carnival.
Aspen, one of our Year 5 students, will be Representing NSW in early December at the 2017 Pacific School Games in Adelaide for Swimming. Please support her by purchasing raffle tickets. There are great prizes to be won! Tickets are $2.00 each
1st prize - 60'' Samsung UHD LED Smart TV
2nd prize - 40'' Samsung UHD LED Smart TV
3rd prize - GoPro Hero5 Black Edition
4th prize - Apple iPad Mini 2 Wi-Fi 32GB Silver
5th prize - NutriBullet RX 1700W 10 Piece Set
Tickets will be sold at recess and lunch times this week.
Drawn - Monday 4th December 2017
Winning details will be published online 18th December 2017 at: http://app.education.nsw.gov.au/sport/